|Screen Shots||Key Bindings||Todo List|
pvsort.tcl is an image sorting application. It makes it easy to transfer files from one location to another (on the local and mounted file systems at least). It shows thumbnails of images in both the sort-from and sort-to locations. It also allows for the creation and renaming of directories.
The Main Window.
The basic flow when using pvsort.tcl is something like this:
That's the basics. Additionally, there are a number of other things you can do with pvsort.tcl.
- Select a directory where you have images you want to sort to other locations in the Directory View at the bottom left of the main window. You will see thumbnails for the items in that directory show up in the Thumbnail View in the top right of the main window. This is the "from" directory.
- Select a directory where you want to sort images to in the Directory View on the left side of the main window. This is the "to" directory. If there are already images in that location, you will see a thumbnail for the first image towards the bottom of the main window.
- Select an item in the Thumbnail View to move from the "from" directory to the "to" directory. Move the file by clicking the button that says "move" and has an arrow pointing to the right.
- You can view thumbnails for images in the "to" directory by selecting the "to thumbs" tab at the top of the main window. You can switch back by selecting the "from thumbs" tab.
- You can move a file from the "to" directory to the "from" directory by clicking the button that says "move" and has an arrow pointing to the left.
- You can create a new directory by clicking the button that says "new". It will suggest a directory based on the name of the current "to" directory.
- You can rename the current "to" directory by clicking the "rename" button.
- You can have the "from" directory be set to the same directory as the "to" directory (and vice-versa) by clicking the "show" buttons.
Command Line Args
pvsort.tcl currently accepts no command line arguments.
<Double-Escape> Exit <Return> Move image from "from" to "to" location <Del> Delete image (no undo) <Button-1> Display image/change directory in Thumbnail View <Button-3> Display image on directory thumbnail in Thumbnail View <F1> Select current thumbnail (same as <Button-1>) <F2> Show full-size image from "to" directory thumbnail <F5> Refresh <Control-n> New directory in "to" Directory View <Control-r> Rename selected directory in "to" Directory View